September 18, 2015

WIP - Roman Praetorian bust (part 3)

Again some in progress shots of the Roman Praetorian bust.

This time I have added some highlights to the body armour (lorica musculata). Because I did not want to ruin the stippled effect already achieved, the highlights were also applied using a little piece of foam. It is quite remarkable how quick this works, and in my opinion to good effect too, especially on larger pieces like this bust.

Colours used were yellow ochre + some light gold oil paint. 


FOLLOWERS

THE FINEST PAINTERS, SCULPTORS & SCALE MODELERS

THE FINEST PAINTERS, SCULPTORS & SCALE MODELERS