The dreaded moment has finally arrived: the damask pattern of the cape. It is an exercise I never have done before, so there is quite a little challenge for me!
As one has to start somewhere, I decided to create some sort of a guideline by sketching the large flowers. It is very important that these first elements of the pattern are aligned with the folding of the fabric. The rest of the pattern will be painted more or less at random, but making sure that there is still a repetition of the used flowery elements.
Highlighting and shading of the full pattern will be done in a second and third stage.
I also made a start with the lacing on the edges of the cape, but this still needs a lot of touching up and more detailing too.